Thursday 24 June 2021

"Wonderful Adventurer"

"Wonderful Adventurer" by Kerrie Barnes

Hello everyone and welcome to my second blog post for iCraft Australia.  Nautical steampunk was the inspiration for this project.  I began by coating almost all of my embellishments and the anchor in iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.  Then I mixed iCraft Modelling Paste with iCraft Arty Balls, and layered it over various areas of the anchor creating a rusty look.




I slowly added my iCraft Wooden Embellishments, creating layers in various areas.  I wound a nautical looking rope through and around the embellishments after coating it with a thick layer of iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.


I chose many beautiful iCraft Chalk Paints and added iCraft Arty Balls to some of them to add extra texture.  I slowly layered my iCraft Chalk Paints until I accomplished the rusty effect I was after.  I highlighted various areas with iCraft Blue Patina Chalk Paint.


I chose four iCraft Mulberry Green Roses, coated them with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, then repeated the paint process I used on the other iCraft embellishments.


Using iCraft Gliding Glue, I dabbed areas of the project, waited fifteen minutes and applied iCraft Bronze Foil.  I added two shells and two starfish, as well as an iCraft Copper Pearl from the Pearl String.


I found "Wonderful Adventurer" stickers in my craft stash, added thick cardboard to the back and adhered those to the project.


All done.  It was so much fun creating this project using iCraft's gorgeous products.  Below you will find a complete list of all products used.  Thank you for spending a few moments with me.  Until next time, Kerrie.  xx




Products used:

Pearl Strings Copper

















I569



I223


I125


I365



I360



I356



WE354

WE0483

iCraft rose mulberry flowers - green






Products available at:



3 comments: