Thursday 22 July 2021

Mr & Mrs by Rosalie Duke-Stanley


Hi - Rosalie here with a layout using some of the beautiful iCraft products to create a romantic layout of my sister Christine's wedding. My aim was to create a romantic layout that had elements of fussy cutting, wooden embellishments and mediums. 

I layered strips of torn papers across the base paper to create different layers - curling the edges to add texture. Adhere the photos to the right hand side with foam tape. I use foam tape under my photos when I want to add other embellishments as it makes it easy to slide wooden pieces, fussy cut outs underneath and move them around before stickling down. 

Embellishments - Paint the wooden embellishments with the beautiful chalk paint  'smoky claret' and once dry, add a layer of gold chalk paint to on the edges to give depth. Cut various  flowers and frames out of the complimenting paper. 

Layering- add the painted wooden pieces (I cut a couple up to make more pieces) and once glued on, add your other fussy cut pieces around the photos and layout. To add depth, I stuck some on with foam tape. 

Finishing off - I added some gold chalk paint in behind some of the flowers as well as gluing 'arty stones' around the wooden leaves and in the spaces in the leaves. Once dry, gave a dry brush with gold chalk paint over the arty stones and also on the edges of the frames to enhance. See the photos below to show detail. 

This layout is easy to alter to fit a 6x4 landscape photo or up to 3 - 3x4 photos. 

I hope you have enjoyed my layout and love to hear your comments and good luck with your creations


https://tinamarie.com.au/product/icraft-chalk-paint-smokey-claret-50ml/


   













No comments:

Post a Comment