Wednesday 25 August 2021

"Book Of Wisdom" by Kerrie Barnes

 Hello everyone and welcome once again to my little corner of the iCraft Blog.  Today I am sharing my iCraft Book Box and journal.  I absolutely love owls, so I decided to use them as inspiration for my project.


I started by gluing the iCraft Book Box together with tacky glue and placed rubber bands around the box to hold everything in place while it dried.  Using iCraft Decoupage Glue, I glued ordinary tissues all over the box and waited for it to dry.  I then painted inside and out with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.  I used waxes and lightly spread colour to areas of the box, then lined the interior with the iCraft Serene Shades paper pack, after first inking the edges of the paper.



I chose a large iCraft 3D Wooden Embellishment, coated it with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black and gave it the wax treatment after it dried.  Using an iCraft Insta Transfer, I cut the desired size following the instructions on the packaging. I then adhered my chosen image to the wooden embellishment, waited until it completely dried and coated everything with iCraft Decoupage Varnish.  I added two hinges from my craft stash and gave them the wax treatment as well.  My hubby suggested pop rivets for the the hinges because glue wouldn't have held them on.  Then we added black UV resin over the rivets to hide the rivet heads and tails.  Deciding I needed more copper, I glued iCraft Foil Leaf to a section of the wooden embellishment around the owl on the lid.



Then came the book.  I cut it to size using a bandsaw and hollowed out the interior the same.  Then using the same technique as the box, I covered the book in tissues and iCraft Decoupage Glue.  Using iCraft Metallic Paint in Ancient Copper, I dry brushed the exterior of the book, and once dry I painted the interior of the book with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black and added wax.  My husband 3D printed two lovely owls for me, so I coated them in black gesso and added wax once dry.  I used another partial iCraft Wooden Embellishment to the top of the book with one of my printed owls.  Lastly I gave everything a coat of iCraft Decoupage Varnish, and added another owl to the interior of the book.


Thank you so much for stopping by and until next time, stay safe and happy.  Kerrie  xx.  iCraft products used are listed below and are available at www.tinamarie.com.au.


iCraft 6x8 Book Box

iCraft Insta Transfer
iCraft Heavy Gesso Black

i032

WE0490

iCraft Decoupage Glue


iCraft Decoupage Varnish
iCraft Ancient Copper Metallic


iCraft Serene Shades Paper Pack




















No comments:

Post a Comment