Tuesday 14 September 2021

Capture The Moment By Kerrie Barnes

 Hello everyone and welcome.  Today I have a vinyl record (thanks Cliff Richard), which I decorated Steampunk style, then added photos of my beautiful Son Daniel.  Firstly, I sanded the record so all media would stick and not flake off.  I then coated the whole thing with a couple of coats of iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.  I chose my iCraft cogs and decided to use the gorgeous iCraft 3D wooden clock embellishment, and coated them all in iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.




I layered areas of texture with iCraft modelling paste and three iCraft layering stencils.  I also added texture sand to iCraft modelling paste and scraped it gently onto the record.  After everything dried, I painted everything with more iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, and once again, waited for it to dry..


Then came time to arrange all of the cogs and the clock, which I stuck down with tacky glue.  I selected various iCraft chalk paints and decanted some onto a palette with some texture sand.  I added more sand to some paint to create a grittier effect.  Then I painted everything and rubbed on some wax to highlight areas.


I added four photos of my Son and placed cogs over them as frames.  The Capture The Memories embellishment was painted with two different waxes, then glued to the record.





I hope you enjoyed my project and I can't wait to share the next one with you.  Until next time, stay safe and well.  Kerrie xxxx.






0365

0360

0356

WE354



WE067


i038


i222


i418





WE0606


i8546

i-8601


i-8605





All products available at https://tinamarie.com.au









No comments:

Post a Comment