Wednesday 22 September 2021

Love By Kerrie Barnes

 Hi and welcome to the iCraft blog.  For this project I used a canvas and an embroidery hoop to showcase my beautiful niece Violet.  I began by painting the canvas with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, and layered it with torn pieces of the iCraft Bloom De Fleur paper collection.  I then used iCraft Heavy Gesso White on the hoop as a base coat, followed by iCraft Palm Tree Chalk Paint.  It was a little dark, so I painted some white gesso over the top to mute the green.




My niece is very girly and sweet, so I wanted to highlight her with plenty of flowers, but also add a bit of a grungy look as well.  I went back to the canvas and inked the edges of all the paper with black ink to tone down the back ground a little.  Then I chose a piece of corresponding Bloom De Fleur paper and glued it to the back of the hoop.  iCraft Frame i037 was painted in white gesso, then Palm Tree chalk paint, with a little more white gesso on top to tone down the green.




I used double sided tape to mount the picture of my niece, and stuck some muslin down under the iCraft frame.  Then I adhered the frame inside the hoop, and added fussy cut flowers from the paper collection.





Using iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, I painted all the iCraft wooden embellishments and waited for them to dry.  I then layered the embellishments with various flowers and more fussy cut pieces.  I used a die to cut a bow and glued it to the top of the hoop, then glued the hoop to the canvas.  I decided to use black ink on the frame, hoop and fussy cut flowers to highlight edges.  The canvas I bought came with a tripod stand, so I painted it with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, then rubbed on some iCraft wax.  Then I decided to add iCraft wax to all the black embellishments and frame.  




I hope you enjoyed my project.  Until next time, take care and thank you for stopping by.  These products and many more can be found at tinamarie.com.au.  Kerrie xx

iCraft Bloom De Fleur Paper Collection





Mulberry Fillers-Baby Pink

Mulberry Fillers-Cream

Mulberry Fillers-Purple

WE 071

i081

i166

i037

i513


iCraft Mulberry Rose - Shaded Pink


iCraft Mulberry Roses - Pink




No comments:

Post a Comment