Thursday 25 November 2021

Altered Paint Palette by Kerrie Barnes

Welcome to the iCraft Blog.  Today I am sharing my altered paint palette.  I started by covering the palette with muslin and iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.  Then, I applied texture paste over two iCraft stencils, waited until dry and coated everything again with more heavy gesso black.



I took a small canvas and covered it with iCraft Insta Transfer 5048, then set it aside to dry.  After layering cogs, flowers and other iCraft embellishments, I coated again with heavy gesso black.  (lots of gesso on this project)

I glued the canvas to the palette, added more cogs and two paintbrushes, before adding iCraft waxes to the entire surface, as well as the side and edges of the canvas.




I added more flowers and fillers, then decided to go over some of the stenciled elements again and highlight them with more wax.




I painted three glass domes with heavy gesso black, then used iCraft Metallic Waxes in Gold Rush, Antique Bronze and Billow, and added them to the palette to look like drops of paint.


Thank you so much for taking a look at my project.  Until next time, stay safe and happy crafting.  Kerrie xx.


For products used, please visit Tina Ollet at tinamarie.com.au.



iCraft Wooden Sentiments



i353


i363



iCraft Stencil 8605





Mulberry Fillers Cream


iCraft Stencil 8926

i047

Mulberry Fillers Yellow/White











2 comments:

  1. Oelala how pretty love the mix media on this piece have a great day ❤️ hugs Amy

    ReplyDelete