Thursday 24 March 2022

"Adventure" By Kerrie Barnes

 Hello and welcome.  Today I have a nautical themed project to share with you all.  I began with the iCraft Back in Time Element, i062, which I painted with two coats of iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.  Once dry, I used iCraft stencil #8601, with iCraft Modeling Paste.  The element comes apart in six sections.  There is the base, two top pieces, a plaque in the middle and two planks, one for the top and one for the bottom.


I used stencil 8601 on one half of the top piece, then flipped the stencil onto the second top piece, which connected the two together. Then I used iCraft stencil #8617 and iCraft modeling paste on the  two planks and set them aside to dry.




Using iCraft stencil #9126, I layered iCraft modeling paste over the plaque, then set it aside to dry.  I found an old grocery bag and cut a small section to use as fishing net on my project, then painted it with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black.


I layered and glued all the pieces together and added iCraft wooden embellishments i361, i144, i363 and i382 onto the project.  I then added various shells, a flower and iCraft Arty Balls before painting the project.



Choosing my favourite iCraft Chalk Paint colours, Stewart House Brown, Thai Teal, Midnight Coffee, Antique Photograph, Spice Island and Billow, I layered on my paint.  I cut tiny little chipboard off cuts to use as old nails on the top and bottom planks, before adding iCraft wax in Antique Bronze and Billow.  I wanted this project to look as "old world" as possible, with plenty of rusty pieces to complement the "under the sea" theme.  Hopefully it turned out okay.



As always, thank you so much for joining me on this crafty endeavour.  Stay safe and well and happy crafting.  Kerrie xx.  iCraft items can be found at www.tinamarie.com.au.












"Back in Time" Wooden Element i062

8601


i363

i353

i144

i382










1 comment:

  1. Wow Kerrie this is a beautiful piece of work. !! Just amazing !! Thankyou. xo

    ReplyDelete