Tuesday 12 April 2022

“Beautiful” by Kerrie Barnes

 Hello and welcome back to the iCraft Australia blog.  I have a layout named "Beautiful" to share with you today.  I used the stunning Rose World Collection by iCraft for this project, featuring my gorgeous niece Maddison at her year six graduation.




I began by selecting the papers I wanted to use from the collection, and cut out the flower wreath from the very first page.  I then cut the green and black striped paper somewhere near the middle, and mounted cardboard to the back for a 3D effect.  I did the same effect to the wreath, and layered cardboard to the back of it.  I then glued those pieces down.


I used iCraft wooden embellishment i168, and embossed it with black embossing powder,  added a piece of Rose World Paper to the back of the frame, layered cardboard on the back and adhered it to the project.  I realised it needed something extra, so I added iCraft Modeling Paste to stencil #8554, to the sides of the frame.


I mounted the photo of my niece onto a piece of The Rose World paper, added cardboard and glued it onto the top of the black frame.  Then there was a lot of fussy cutting.  I used The Rose World 1 Element Sheet and the dark pink flowers from iCraft Flimsy Sheet 03.


I used the fussy cut elements around the black frame, tucking some underneath the frame or adding 3D foam tape to make them stand out.  I also added flowers from my stash.


iCraft Wooden Embellishment i290 (Beautiful), was painted with iCraft Strawberry Crush Chalk Paint and iCraft Coconut Milk Chalk Paint.  I waited for that to dry, then glued it to the bottom right of my project.


I added leftover fussy cut elements above and below "Beautiful", and then added flicks with watered down iCraft Chalk Paint, Strawberry Crush and Coconut Milk.


Thank you for taking a look at this project.  I hope it inspires you to create your heart out.  As always, stay safe and happy crafting.  Kerrie xx.

iCraft prodects can be found at www.tinamarie.com.au.


iCraft Layering Stencil 8554


iCraft Rose World Collection


iCraft Flimsy Sheet 03



iCraft The Rose World 1 Element Sheets

iCraft Wooden Embellishment i290


iCraft Wooden Embellishment i168





iCraft Australia Design Team 2022



















No comments:

Post a Comment