Monday 21 June 2021

Flying High Mixed Media Tag by Farrel Tailor

 Hi Everyone, Farrel Tailor here and I am super excited to be sharing my project I created as guest designer for icraft Australia. I just loved using their projects and found it was super easy to create with.


So began with covering my tag using 1 sheet of 2 Tone Bricks Decoupage Paper. Then applied a coat of clear gesso over the top. I then used icraft chalk paint - Dessert Warmth with a spatula and I applied it around the edges of the tag.

Next I had to create my cluster for the tag. I painted all my wooden embellishments using icraft chalk paint - Midnight Coffee. So I used Wooden Embellishment i418 and cut it into 8 pieces which I used at the base of the cluster. I did this so that I could get a few different layers. Next I used Wooden Embellishment Pendants i192 and the used the smaller pendant. Then I adhered Wooden Embellishment i054 on the top of the cluster.


Next I did some dry brushing using icraft chalk paint - Jasperware. I made sure I focused around the edges of the cluster. Now to add some depth..... I used icraft chalk paint - Lights Out and mixed with a little bit of water on my craft mat, then applied around the wooden embellishments. Once dry I then used icraft chalk paint - Midnight Coffee in the same way to create a grungy old effect. I also used this colour to edge my tag.

Next I painted icraft chalk paint - Jasperware onto some white cardstock and then stamped the 2 butterflies from a set in my stash and layered them on top of one another. For the sentiment, I did a same thing but painted icraft chalk paint - Dessert Warmth and then mounted onto some black cardstock. Then to finish it off I added some splattering using icraft chalk paint - Dessert Warmth.

Here are the icraft Australia products I used

I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and hopefully I have inspired you to create using icraft products. Thank you for dropping by

Farrel xx



No comments:

Post a Comment