Sunday 20 June 2021

"There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy" by Tina Ollett

Hello and a very happy Sunday morning to you. I am here today to share my very first project for iCraft Designs as iCraft Australia. Some of you who are new to my work may not know this but I have been using iCraft for the past 18months. I fell in love with so many of the products that being a distributor was really a no brainer for me. I hope you feel the same way in time. So today I would like to share with you a few of my favourite things from iCraft. 


This project titled "There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy" was taken from the ephemera sheet at the back of the pack of my 12 x 12 pack of Blooms de Fleur. This pack of single sided beautifully designed patterned papers with 210gsm in weight is a fabulous addition to my ever growing stash. 


My starting point was to fussy cut all the pieces I needed from the other design papers within the pack. I then decided on a background and then from another piece did some tearing and distressing and then layering of papers. After all my layers were adhesed to the background I primed it with clear gesso. And over this I used my palette knife to add a layer of clear crackle. This was left over night to create the crackles on its own. Once this was done I wiped over some of the gorgeous iCraft Metallic Chalk Paint Moon White using my finger. 
Omg I loved the whole effect of this paint. It gave my page a beautiful shimmer. 


 

I then went to work on adding in more dimension using the Wooden Element  i031. These element packs come with a variety of shapes and sizes. I decided on the small base element and covered it with decoupage glue and a selected paper from the pack. I also added a little of the Moon white Metallic paint around the edges.

I then moved on to priming all of my Wooden Embellishments. The wooden embellishments are laser cut MDF's that definitely need to be primed. This ensures that any media you have stays on the embellishment piece. Being wood it doesn't really soak in but needs to have a primer applied to adhere other mediums. iCraft have a wonderful Gesso which is a heavy white and makes a full covereage of the Wooden Embellishments. 







I randomly painted some pieces in the chalk paint colour "Lights Out". This really is one of my new favourite things to use. The colour is just amazing. It may not be evident here but in real life it is an amazing colour to use and co ordinates with this collection brilliantly. 




Once these all dried I added in some of the cut out ephemera pieces like the title piece I used for the Lamp Post. This was adhered from behind the wooden embellishment.  I added in some distressed pieces of muslin also along with some cut pieces of the String Pearls in the colour of Off White.




Well this is all from me today. I hope my layout has bought a little sunshine to your day. 
Until next time happy scrapping. 

Tina x


1 comment: