Sunday 21 November 2021

Art Journal Page- Yourself by Deb Stephens

 

This Art Journal Page was done in my blue Dina. W journal so it is on thick cotton paper. Start with a coat of iCraft white gesso and dry. With a broad paint brush apply various shades of green iCraft chalk paint around the page so there is no white left. I then used a sponge and the Large 12x12 iCraft Layering stencil 18813 along with the same shades of green chalk paint but making sure the overlapping green was different to the green underneath to make more of a contrast. Dry the paint thoroughly then stamp with black archival ink using the beautifully detailed iCraft rubber stamps called Large Script and Distressed Grid. 


I then used a sheet of mixed media cardstock and painted half in shades of yellow and orange and the other half in shades of pink and purple. Once dry, I used the iCraft Large Flower 1 and iCraft Large flower 2 rubber stamps with versa mark and glitter embossing powder in gold and purple. Once heat set, I fussy cut them out and edged them with black ink. I also stamped the iCraft detailed branch with leaves on some vellum, let it dry and then cut out.


Once all my elements were ready, I arranged them around the page and glued them down, some with foam tape underneath to create height and some straight to the page. I also snipped into some of the petals on the flowers so they separated.

I then cut out a sentiment sticker I had in my stash and glued it onto my flowers. I finished it off with some glass domes white gesso spatters and some white gel pen highlights.

I hope this inspires you to try these beautiful products and techniques.

Listed below are the iCraft Products I used:

iCraft Heavy White Gesso

iCraft Chalk Paints in the following shades:

Flowers: Campfire , Bongo Jazz and Sunny yellow, Caprice, Grape Vineyard, Flamboyant

Background: Cypress green, Deep Waters, Summer Fern, Golden Green




                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment