Saturday 22 January 2022

Layered Rose Garden by Rosalie Duke-Stanley

 


The beautiful paper range The Rose World is perfect for a layout that is filled with fussy cutting elements and lots of layers. 

I had a wonderful photo that was taken in 2021 and to me - a nature selfie to remind me of the moment. The photo was soft and misty so a lovely layout of softness and rosy colours. 

I prepared the base page with a clear gesso and once dry, stenciled cobblestone pattern with chalk paint - Stewart House brown across the layout where my main feature would be. You will only see bits of this when you have finished. Mixing chalk paint Minnesota Pines and iCraft texture paste, stencil long lines over the top of the brown stencil. This will start to add texture. 

Paint your wooden pieces with chalk paint. Garden gate, Vines (both pieces) window frame and bricks. I added white gesso to the green for the bricks. Once dry, add metallic wax to the window frame to add texture and a edging of light tan chalk pain to the edge. 
Colours below in the products. 

Select a page form the paper pack that has lots of flowers to cut out. I used one full  sheet. 

Once you have every thing ready, layer your pieces starting with the garden gate. I have placed some panels on the left and right. Build up from there and add in our flowers between the chipboard pieces. Once glued down and all dry. add Arty Balls around the layout to add the final touch. I finished by painting fine lines around the edges of the chipboard to make them stand out. 

I hope you enjoy this layered page. Links on the products and also if you click below for more products. 


 





















No comments:

Post a Comment