Friday 4 March 2022

"Beautiful" Canvas By Kerrie Barnes

 Hello creative lovelies and welcome back to my corner of the iCraft Australia Blog.  I have created a canvas of my favourite subjects, Steampunk and Rust.  I began by coating my canvas front and back with iCraft Heavy Gesso Black, then layered iCraft Modelling Paste over iCraft Stencil #8605.  I waited for everything to dry and painted over the modelling paste with black gesso.


Then I layered on some thick crackle paste to the corners of my canvas, waited for that to dry and began to paint.  I started with a base of iCraft Old World Blue Chalk Paint, then situated all of my iCraft Wooden Embellishments, then emoved them from the project and painted them with iCraft Stewart House Brown Chalk Paint.


Using my rust effect technique, I painted the wooden embellishments with a mixture of iCraft Chalk Paints including Midnight Coffee, Spice Island, Billow and Thai Teal.  I set them aside to dry and started painting the canvas.


Over the crackle paste, I painted a mixture of iCraft Chalk Paints, Stewart House Brown, Midnight Coffee and Spice Island.  Then I added highlights of Thai Teal and Billow iCraft Chalk Paint in various random places.


Waiting for everything to dry, I layered my iCraft wooden embellishments and glued them together.  I added small pieces cardboard under the large 3D embellishment to give it more stability, then glued everything onto the canvas.



I highlighted various areas with iCraft Metallic Wax, Antique Bronze, Billow and Steel Silver, then also added flowers from my stash and gave them my "rust" paint treatment.



Deciding the project needed a little extra something, I added iCraft Heavy Gesso White with a dry brush.  I hope you enjoyed this little crafting journey with me.  As always stay safe and well.  Kerrie xx.

Products used can be found at tinamarie.com.au.












i363

i359



WE0599

i047










No comments:

Post a Comment