Sunday 24 April 2022

“Cottage Garden” by Kerrie Barnes

 Hello and welcome back to my corner of the iCraft Australia Blog.  I have a canvas to share today, which I named Cottage Garden.  I used loads of fussy cuts, flowers and chalk paint to create this.  I hope you enjoy it.


To begin with, I gave the canvas a quick coat of iCraft Heavy Gesso White, then downloaded a cute butterfly coming out of a chrysalis, from the internet.  I sketched half the butterfly and chrysalis onto my canvas, then began painting.


I started with the chrysalis and used iCraft Chalk Paints Sunny Yellow, Summer Fern, Midnight Coffee, Palm Tree, Coconut Milk, Camp Fire, Dark Secret, Rich Rouge and Crimson Depth.  After the chrysalis, I moved onto the rest of the butterfly.


Using iCraft Flimsy Sheet 10 and iCraft Country Garden Element Sheet, I fussy cut what felt like a thousand flowers and layered them to the left of the butterfly until I was happy with the placement.  I glued some directly to the canvas, and used double sided foam tape to others to add depth and dimension.


I found some gorgeous flowers in my stash box and added those to various areas, then painted iCraft Cog Cluster i418, added wax and stuck those under some flowers.  I also added cogs to the chrysalis as well.


I added little paint splashes with watered down iCraft Lights Out Chalk Paint, as well as some copper pearls and iCraft Arty Balls.  I hope you enjoyed this project.  It was so much fun to create.  Until next time, stay safe and well.  Kerrie xx.



For iCraft products visit Tina Ollet's website at www.tinamarie.com.au.









Cottage Garden Element Sheet



i418

Flimsy Sheet 10

























1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh this project is amazing I really love those flimsy sheets omg .........

    ReplyDelete